Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 2010




This last winter has been a very wet one with snow, rain, snow, rain, and always wind. It was kind of miserable for us northern Utah folks that have turned Southern New Mexico folks at least for another month.
The great thing about all the moisture is the fact that the world blooms the cactus, the Yucca's, and all kinds of desert flowers find the effort of making blossoms worth while. The trouble is the deer also like the flowers as they come up. We had forty blossoms growing on a yucca type plant though we don't know for sure what it is. We were so excited to be seeing new things, and so upset that the deer would eat them just before they would bloom, I took to chasing them around the yard, I bet that looked wild from the neighbors back yard as the deer would just run around me. Oh for a paint ball gun.
We have had our last hot dogs, and more for the college, I think we have done almost eight hundred pounds of dutch oven potato's. I think I know how to cook them how. I did enjoy the association of the different churches, the college people, and the students, that came.
We got the chance to serve at the NEW temple in Gila Valley. I have heard that 91,000 people went through on tour's that is just a wild amount considering how out of the way this place is.
This Sunday the temple will be dedicated.
The chicken is cooking and the aroma is getting serious so I better go and check. See ya'll next month.
Larry

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love those desert blooms - I don't blame you for being angry with the deer. :-)